Fresher – Confused, Scared & Lost!!! - Oye Buddha.com

Breaking

Home Top Ad



Post Top Ad

Contact us to place your ads here

Monday 11 November 2019

Fresher – Confused, Scared & Lost!!!





Back in 2008 when I thought of working, the first thing that came across my mind was what do I work on, which industry do I choose? What are my strengths & competencies? I was confused about whether to join a small scale industry, become a home tutor or join the corporate industry.

After talking to my family & friends, in the end, I have decided to join the corporate industry. Now, coming from a middle-class family with no knowledge of corporate culture I was scared as to how would it be? Will I be able to cope up with the corporate environment or not. However, I was an undergraduate then, so the only option that left for me to work for a call centre! Back then that was the booming industry which was looking for people who were good at the English language.

Right from my school days, I was good at speaking English which gave enough confidence to attend
interviews in call centres. After multiple interviews, I have got an offer to work with a certain company. 

At last, my hunt for a job came to an end with an offer in my hand. I joined the office happily. As I entered the office, it was a whole different world altogether. Everyone was busy, induction was going on people from different departments were coming and giving an introduction to their businesses a leaving. This confused me as to which department was I selected for and why are we asked to attend such session. I wanted to ask what was all that about? But I was scared.

Half the day was done with multiple sessions. Now it was time for lunch. We are roughly given the direction of where the canteen was and asked to be back to the room post 30mts. I along with few others went to have lunch and then while returning we were lost. Not sure how to return where to go, we were going to different lobbies but not to the room where the session was held. Luckily we entered a certain lobby which is entry was restricted and that’s when the security person came into the picture and took us to the session room.

Now when I think of this, all that comes to mind is, I should have communicated. I should have asked people, taking help, not being closed and more importantly attentive to what they said. 

As a fresher to the firm, we generally have that little discomfort or worry somewhere the corner of our hearts. However, to overcome that discomfort, fear, that worry or confusion all that we need to do is SPEAK where it is needed. ASK when you need help. The world is open to guide you, help you, assist you when needed but it is our thinking or mentality of not asking for help which matters.

Knowing your workplace and the people you work with makes your professional life much too easier
and stress-free. None stops you from talking, speaking, asking and interacting but it is ourselves who
stop ourselves just by thinking what would the opposite think about you.
So to avoid all that, speak express your thoughts, ask your doubts know what is expected out of you.
This would help you in your career. Cheers to your new job & your career!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here